With Gogoro 2, Gogoro has extended the family of Smartscooters that deliver high-performance, smart connectivity and battery-swapping at a variety of attractive price points for a broad audience
The Gogoro 2 will be available this summer in Taiwan and in other markets by the end of 2017
TAIPEI ─ May 25, 2017 Gogoro®, a technology leader transforming how innovation is bridging sustainable energy and urban transportation, today announced it was expanding its scooter family with the introduction of the Gogoro 2 Smartscooter™. The Gogoro 2 combines the sophistication and innovation of the Gogoro 1 in a new platform that is created for a broader and more diverse audience. The Gogoro 2 is scheduled to be available on July in Taiwan with preorders beginning today at www.gogoro.com.
“The new Gogoro 2 Smartscooter enables a broader audience to embrace Gogoro’s vision for urban transportation and continues Gogoro’s commitment to innovation, performance and smart connectivity while integrating practical new features like improved ergonomics, greater storage capacity, seating space and an even more customizable ride,” said Horace Luke, co-founder and CEO of Gogoro. “Gogoro was inspired by the idea that individuals and communities can have direct impact on their cities when given practical and sustainable choices for personal transportation and energy usage. The Gogoro Smartscooters and Gogoro Energy Network have become a catalyst for smarter, cleaner and more efficient urban transportation in Taiwan, Germany and beyond.”
Gogoro 2 Smartscooter
Gogoro 2 integrates the performance and innovation of the original award winning Gogoro 1 Smartscooter while introducing new levels of security, storage, seat space and personalization options. The Gogoro 2 delivers more comfort that enables customers to easily ride with a friend, store two helmets and have more control while riding. The core customer design principles for Gogoro 2 were to be more: practical, versatile and smart.
Created For Life
Gogoro 2 introduces a new level of practical sophistication by blending increased power, safety, reliability, rider comfort, increased storage and seating space.
- Powerful - Like the original Gogoro 1 Smartscooter, the new 6.4 kilowatt G2 motor in the Gogoro 2 is innovative and power-packed and redefines what is possible with a high-performance electric powertrain on a scooter. Together with the new digital drivetrain system, the Gogoro 2 delivers even smoother torque and continues Gogoro’s DNA for speed, acceleration and control. Gogoro 2 can reach a top-speed of 90km/hr and has a range of 110km.
Together with the new digital drivetrain system, the Gogoro 2 delivers even smoother torque and continues Gogoro’s DNA for speed, acceleration and control.
- Power with Intelligence - Utilizing the software intelligence of the G2 powertrain, the Gogoro 2 enables Smart and Sport modes for riders to choose their specific performance or range preferences. The Sport Mode enables higher top speeds and greater acceleration while the Smart Mode enables more efficiency and increased range.
- Comfortable - Gogoro 2 introduces a new riding experience with updated rider geometry including a 1,306 mm wheel base that enables more seating space and storage while providing a more comfortable ride.
- Gogoro 2 integrates larger euro-wheels with a 14-inch front and 13-rear wheel that improve suspension and provide even better handling and stability on all road surface conditions.
- Synchronized Braking System - Gogoro’s new Synchronized Braking System provides a linked braking system that ensures smooth and stable braking no matter the situation.
- Increased Storage - Gogoro 2 provides more storage space under the seat, enough for two helmets.
- Easily Maintained - The Gogoro 2 was designed from the ground up for quick and easy maintenance and it utilizes familiar and readily available parts for convenient service with more scooter technicians everywhere.
Smart - Intuitive and Aware
Gogoro Smartscooters are smart. The Gogoro 2 continues Gogoro’s focus on innovation, connectivity and intelligence with a new level of sophistication that sets it apart from other scooters. The Gogoro 2 includes new LED lighting, Gogoro mobile app 2.0, increased security protection with support for TouchID and other biometric security, updated diagnostics, onboard software updating and more.
- LED Lighting - Gogoro 2’s All-LED lighting shines brighter and wider enabling the rider to see more and be seen more clearly by others. It also provides all day lightning.
- In Your Pocket - The new Gogoro App provides in-depth mobile management of Gogoro 2 using an iOS or Android devices. The Gogoro app is the ultimate companion for getting more out of a rider’s daily commute or next adventure. Find and reserve batteries, track rides, customize the experience, get service alerts and earn rewards.
- Color Dashboard - The new dashboard on Gogoro 2 Plus integrates a full-color LED display and is designed for better visibility during the day with a more simplified and intuitive user interface. In addition, the rider can now mount their smart device to extend their dashboard to get even more real-time riding info.
- Your Second Dashboard - With Gogoro App 2.0, your mobile phone becomes a powerful second dashboard when you ride, including functionality like real time energy usage monitoring, efficiency analytics and tilt and acceleration sensing.
- Security Boost Protection - When activated, Security Boost Protection requires either a fingerprint or PIN code to start. With the digital encryption and fingerprint authentication, Gogoro 2 is virtually unstealable.
- Gogoro iQ System™ - An operating system for the Gogoro 2, the Gogoro iQ System provides riding data, diagnostics, systems, personalization and synchs through G2’s onboard computer and is constantly learning to deliver the ultimate personalized smart ride experience.
Versatile - Personal
Core to the design of Gogoro 2 is for the rider to customize, personalize and make it one of a kind.
- Make It Your Own - Gogoro 2 offers six unique exterior color themes that include white, grey, orange, blue, yellow and red.
- Infinite Possibilities - Designed to be customized with more than 50+ custom Gogoro accessories there are no limits to what Gogoro 2 can be, do or look like. Together Gogoro and its third-party partners have created an accessory ecosystem.
- Your Smartscooter, Your Personality - The new Gogoro App allows for dynamic tuning of the dashboard colors, sound themes, vehicle performance and lighting patterns.
- Open To A World of Possibilities - Gogoro 2 is equipped with the ability to accept third-party accessories from a wide range of top accessories brands.
“Gogoro’s riding experience and performance set it apart with both the original Smartscooter and with the new Gogoro 2,” said Mat Schubert, CEO of COUP Mobility GmbH.
Fuel of the Future - Gogoro Energy Network
The Gogoro Energy Network provides the electric fuel of the future to Gogoro Smartscooter customers everywhere they go. On average, energy stations are deployed every square kilometer in the most populated city neighborhoods, Gogoro has already deployed more than 350 station across Taiwan and plans to expand to almost 500 stations by the end of 2017.
Gogoro 2 comes in two models: Gogoro 2 and Gogoro 2 Plus that introduce aggressive new pricing for customers that can begin as low as TWD$38,800/USD$1,295 including all Taiwan government subsidies.
Gogoro introduced its first Gogoro Smartscooter™ EV and the Gogoro Energy Network at the Consumer Electronics Show in early 2015 and launched it in Taipei Taiwan in August 2015. The Gogoro Smartscooter™ EV was the world’s first high-performance, smart electric two-wheel vehicle with swappable batteries.
Key Gogoro Smartscooter Facts
- More than 21,500 Gogoro Smartscooter™ EVs sold
- 71+ million kilometers ridden by customers
- 350 GoStation® battery swapping stations deployed across Taiwan
- More than 12,000 battery swaps per day, 4+ million total batteries swapped
- 3+ million liters of gasoline saved, nearly 6 million kilograms less CO2 emitted.
- 1000 Gogoro Smartscooter™ EVs deployed in Berlin Germany by Coup Mobility, an e-scooter sharing service. 600 Gogoro Smartscooters to deploy in Paris in the summer of 2017.