Last Updated: January 1, 2023
1. What Personal Data We Collect and Process:
When you register for the Account and during your using the Service, we will collect and process the following personal data which relates to you:
- Identification Data: first name, last name, gender, age, birthday, account name and passwords, and videos taken by surveillance cameras of GoStation® or in other business premises.
- Contact Details: e-mail addresses, mobile phone number, and postal addresses.
- Riding Information: location.
- Connection and Browsing Data: version of our mobile application, date and time of connection, IP address, brand or type of the paired mobile phone device ("Device"), firmware version, browser type, browser language, event logs.
- Device Information: Gogoro Smartscooter VIN, plate number, owner’s name, batteries’ serial number, Smartscooter settings.
2. Why We Process Your Personal Data and the Lawful Bases for Such Processing:
We, by ourselves or in collaboration with our designated local business partners, collect and use your personal data for the following purposes based on the following lawful bases:
- To enable customization of your device: We will collect and process your personal data to enable customization of your device, including without limitation your Smartscooter, based on your setting.
- To perform diagnostics on your device: We will collect and process your personal data in order to perform diagnostics on your device and to provide you with the status updates.
- To manage your Account and perform our internal administrative work: We will process your personal data for our user account management purposes, including to facilitate and improve our performance of the Service provided to you, to establish and maintain your Account, as well as to ensure the security and proper functioning of your Account, of the Gogoro Website and of the Gogoro App. We may process your personal data in the course of the management of our business including in the event of a business sale or restructuring. These activities are conducted because they are necessary for our performance of our agreement with you (such as creating and managing your Account), for our legitimate interests (such as ensuring the security and proper functioning of your Account, of Gogoro Website and of Gogoro App, developing our business in the course of a business sale or restructuring), or for our compliance with applicable laws and regulations (such as fraud prevention).
- To send you event invitations and other marketing information in connection with the Service, the Smartscooter or similar products (if you are an existing client): Unless you object in accordance with section 13 below, we will send you invitations to events that we host, co-host or sponsor, as well as other marketing information, such as recommendations of the Service, the Smartscooters or similar services provided by Gogoro and/or third parties which are in collaboration with us, based on our legitimate interest to develop our business activity.
- To send you event invitations and other marketing information (if you are a potential client): With your explicit consent, we will send you invitations to events that we host, co-host or sponsor, as well as other marketing information, such as recommendations of services and products provided by Gogoro and/or third parties which are in collaboration with us.
- To provide customer service: We will process feedback information including problem type, description, attached photo and error code for troubleshooting purposes in accordance with our agreement with you or, if we do not have any contractual relationship with you, based on our legitimate interest to troubleshoot any identified problem.
- To improve the Service, Gogoro Website, Gogoro App, and your client experience: We will collect and process your personal data, in particular to facilitate your browsing, based on our legitimate interest to improve the Service, our website, our mobile application, and your client experience.
- To customize your experience: With your explicit consent, we will collect and process your personal data in order to customize the content of Gogoro Website and/or Gogoro App and your browsing experience.
- To host, co-host or sponsor events: If you choose to register for an event that we host, co-host or sponsor, we will use your personal data for the purpose of organizing and holding the event, based on our legitimate interest to develop our client relationship.
- To fulfil legal and regulatory obligations: We process your personal data in particular when we cooperate with public, governmental or regulatory authorities or to process your requests to exercise your rights, based on our legal obligations under applicable laws and regulations.
- To defend ourselves against legal claims: Where we are required to participate in any litigation which affects our business, we will process your personal data in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, in our legitimate interest, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- To ensure the safety of Gostation® equipment: If you move near GoStation® to use our battery swapping service causing you to be videotaped by the surveillance camera of GoStation®, we will collect the surveillance camera videos within the necessary period for the purpose of the site safety management.
3. How Your Personal Data are Collected:
We, by ourselves or in collaboration with our designated local business partners, will collect your personal data directly from you when you sign up for the Account and during the course of our interaction with you and your use of the Service.
4. To Whom We Will Disclose Your Personal Data:
We will not share your personal data with others, except when:
- we share your personal data with Gogoro group companies or our vendors, suppliers, partners or service providers for purposes related to performance of the Service, management of your Account and/or as otherwise required to manage our business;
- we are required to do so under applicable laws and regulations, for example, where we are required to share your personal data with law enforcement agencies, courts, other government authorities or other third parties where we believe it necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party;
- during the course of business restructuring or similar circumstances (for example, where our business is subject to an acquisition, merger or financing) to the extent necessary to facilitate the restructuring; or
- we work with an outsourced service provider, such as data analysts, IT managed service providers, event service providers or co-host.
We use outsourced service providers to assist us with the following:
- Analytics: to monitor and analyze user traffic, to assess the popularity of specific functions and to keep track of your behavior when using the Service, including for marketing and advertising purposes over time and across different services and devices.
- Infrastructure monitoring: to monitor the use and behavior of Service components for performance assessment, maintenance and troubleshooting purposes.
- Hosting and backend infrastructure: to host data that enables the Service to function.
- Event service providers: which manage events on our behalf.
5. Transfer of Personal Data
For EEA, UK and Israeli users, in providing the Service, managing your Account and otherwise in managing our business we may transfer your personal data outside the state of Israel, including to the recipients described in section 4. To be specific, Gogoro Taiwan Limited, a company incorporated in Taiwan (company registration number: 53433060) with its head office located at No. 33, Dinghu Road, Guishan District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan and Gogoro Network (Cayman), a company incorporated in Taiwan (company registration number: 54387162) with its head office located at No. 33, Dinghu Road, Guishan District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan, acting as our data processors, may process your personal data, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Where we transfer your personal data to countries/regions outside of the EEA or Israel which are yet to be subject to a finding of adequacy, we put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your personal data is adequately safeguarded and protected and conduct an assessment on personal data transfers.
We may obtain written assurances from any third party given access to your personal data so as to require them to adopt standards that ensure an equivalent level of protection for your data as that adopted by us. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place or to obtain a copy, please contact us using the details at section 13 of this Policy.
6. How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is needed in order for us to provide the Service to you or as otherwise necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
Generally, we will keep your personal data for as long as you have an Account with us and, in addition to this:
- for a period of three (3) year following the closure of your Account or from the date of the closure of your contract where you do not hold an account with us for marketing purposes;
- for a period of seven (7) years following the closure of your Account or from the date of the closure of your contract where you do not hold an account with us for the proof of legal claims;
- for a period of ten (10) years from the end of the relevant fiscal year for personal data retained for accounting purposes.
However, where we have a statutory obligation to keep the personal data for a longer period or where we may need to keep your personal data for a longer period in case of a legal claim or dealing with ongoing queries or complaints, then the retention period may be extended accordingly.
7. Your Rights over Your Personal Data
Subject to the applicable local laws and regulations, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the details at section 13 of this Policy:
- Right to access: You have the right to access your personal data processed by us in order to check or view such personal data. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to rectify: If any of your personal data that we are processing is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request us to rectify it or to make the required corrections to it.
- Right to erasure/delete: You may have your personal data erased/deleted from our database if the processing is no longer necessary for the purposes pursued by us, or if, among other things, your personal data are being unlawfully processed.
- Right to data portability: Under certain circumstances, pursuant to applicable local laws and regulations, you may have the right to receive your personal data and have these personal data directly transmitted from us to a third party, where technically feasible.
- Right to object: Under certain circumstances, pursuant to the applicable local laws and regulations, you may have the right to object to our processing of your personal data (for example, where the processing is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests). Where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time without having to provide any specific reason for such objection.
- Right to restrict: The processing of your personal data can be restricted upon your request. In such circumstances, your personal data will not be further processed except with your consent, or except for the establishment, exercise or defense of a relevant legal claim or for the protection of the rights of another person.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we process your personal data for a purpose for which the lawful basis is your consent or explicit consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time by notifying us.
- Right to lodge a complaint: If you deem that your rights under the applicable local laws and regulations have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority for data protection in your country.
The rights described above are subject to the requirements and conditions provided by the applicable law. In certain cases, we may ask that you explain to us why you are making a specific request, or, if needed, confirm your identity. We may not be in a position to action certain of your requests, for example, where to do so would impede a criminal investigation.
8. Consequences of Not Providing Personal Data to Us
If you do not provide us with your personal data which are required for the registration of the Account, we will not be able to provide you with the Service. If you register for an Account but do not provide us with your personal data other than those personal data required for the registration, we will not be able to fully perform the services. If we are required to obtain your personal data in order to fulfill legal obligations to which we are subject, and you do not provide such information to us, we may not be able to accept your use of the Service.
9. Cookies Policy
We and our partners use tracking technologies such as cookies on our website to facilitate our website functions, to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. For more details, please refer to our Cookies Policy.
10. Children’s Policy
We consider a child to be anyone under the age of 18 or the equivalent age as specified by law in your jurisdiction (“Child(ren)”). We do not knowingly seek or collect personal data from or about Children without the consent of a parent or guardian and the consent of the Child.
If we become aware that personal information that has been submitted to us relates to a Child without the consent of a parent or guardian and the consent of the Child, we will use reasonable efforts to:
- Delete that personal information from its files as soon as possible.
- Ensure, where deletion is not possible, that this personal information is not used further for any purpose, nor disclosed further to any third party.
Any parent or guardian with queries regarding our processing of personal information relating to their Child should contact us using the details at section 13 of this Policy.
11. Protecting Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable and appropriate measures to prevent your personal data from being stolen, altered, damaged, destroyed, lost or disclosed. Such measures may be implemented through the use of services provided by third parties. Despite we are taking such measures to protect your personal data, you acknowledge and agree that no system or technology is completely secure and safe. If you become aware of any vulnerability of the Service, please click here or use the Service to report such vulnerability.
12. Amendments to this Policy
We will update this Policy from time to time on both Gogoro Website and Gogoro App. We will inform you with reasonable notice by e-mail or by notification through the mobile application and/or our web site in the event of any material change to this Policy. Such updated Policy shall take effect thirty (30) days after such amended Policy is posted on Gogoro Website or Gogoro App or otherwise being notified to you.
13. Contact Us
If you would like to exercise your rights as set out in this Policy, or if you have any questions or suggestions about this Policy, please contact us at the following e-mail address:
We will respond to your request as soon as possible within the statutory period applicable to us.
© Gogoro and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.